Sunday, July 15, 2007

7w2d

Just got back from the wedding reception, and we had a fabulous time. The bride was gorgeous and the groom was glowing. The love they have for each other is amazing. It just so powerful, it felt like they'd both explode with joy. It is so much more than being in love, they truly love each other, and sadly, I don't think there is enough of that these days. The groom sang a few songs to his beautiful bride, and so many tears were shed! Early in the evening when we were speaking with the groom, he was telling us that he'd never seen anything more beautiful than her on their wedding day. You can just see it in the way they look at each other, and the way they treat each other...what they have between the two of them is so wonderful. She deserves someone who will love her for all eternity, and I think she's found him.

Had a freakout (yesterday at this point) in the afternoon. I walked a few blocks for pizza, and on my way back, my left shoulder started screaming out of nowhere. Alarm bells started going off in my head. All I could think was 'ectopic'. I was three blocks from home and panicking. M freaked out when I came in. I scared the hell out of him. The shoulder pain was definitely odd - it was radiating down my arm and up my neck within moments. I read something that said to take some safe pain medication and ice it for 10 minutes, and after 30 minutes, if it had eased, it was unlikely to be caused by an ectopic pregnancy. Those were the longest 30 minutes, but thankfully, it eased considerably, and once I took a warm shower, pretty much went away. I spoke to my mother and a friend, both who agreed that I should only worry if I was also having abdominal pain, which I wasn't. My mother said at that point I'd be doubled over in pain, and bending wouldn't even be an option. Thank God for people who aren't hormonal, panicky, and long-since-crazy. Only 4 more sleeps (I am so not counting naps) until Beulah's first home movie...and I can not wait. Next milestone: baby with healthy heartbeat, in uterus, not on my scar. Only 4 more sleeps.

2 comments:

Mrs. Collins said...

I'm so excited for your ultrasound. If I understand right it is on Thursday? Let's pray for a healthy baby. This is a difficult time in the pregnancy because you cannot feel him/her kicking so you have to make it through the times in between scans and appointments. Actually, the whole pregnancy will be difficult, but I know you have the strength to make it through. Keep us posted.

froggy mommy said...

Ultrasound is Wednesday - it was 4 sleeps left b/c I was up late Saturday night / Sunday morning posting. Tonight is only 2 more sleeps. Thanks for the good thoughts, I could really use them!