Tuesday, July 3, 2007

5w4d

Hello from the west coast! I flew in Sunday night and I made it ok! I cried and prayed and hugged my stuffed penguin (Opus) while we took off. The flight itself was uneventful, and we landed on time despite being delayed on the tarmac for over an hour. The hotel isn't as fab as I was led to believe, but it could be much worse. There was some craziness when I was checking in, but hopefully that is already fixed (and the large amount of cash that was withdrawn from my bank account is on its way back in!).

The new job is awesome, I really like it. The people are all really nice and I'm learning a lot. I think I'm going to enjoy the work I'll be doing!

Fun things in San Fran so far:
  • The giant naked mermaid hanging in the hallway in my hotel
  • The (homeless?) guy who had 2 of the fattest, roundest orange cats harnessed to the top of his cart outside of Starbucks this morning
  • The office being less than 2 blocks away from my hotel

Sucky things in San Fran so far:

  • Missing M and my kitties
  • Being 3 hours behind most of the people I love
  • Missing my friend getting married on Saturday

Things to look forward to:

  • Seeing my sisters in less than 48 hours!
  • Seeing Beulah on ultrasound in 15 days!
  • Seeing my friend and her new husband at their wedding reception a week from Saturday

So far we've got no spotting, although the lighting in the hotel room was so sucky and I was so tired I thought I was at first. I want nothing more than for Beulah to be ok and to stick around for a hundred years or so, but I don't think I believe deep down that she will. I am so afraid of miscarrying. There has been so much sadness in the last week or so on one of the message boards I belong to. It's just so scary to know that you can be feeling just fine and your baby has gone and you have no idea.

2 comments:

Mrs. Collins said...

Glad to hear that overall things are good in San Fran. Beulah is fine! He/she is probably enjoying the different air. Wow, I wish I could see a picture of the fat orange cats, I just love kitty cats! Hope you and Beulah get home safely.

froggy mommy said...

I took a pic of the kitty cats - and I've seen them every morning since! They're names were like Fritz and Johnny. They are HUGE. Thanks for the good thoughts for Beulah. I am still so afraid!