Wednesday, September 12, 2007

15w5d

Saw Grandma tonight - she's been moved to a nursing home only a few blocks away. She was telling us about the wonderful food and how nice they are there, but she still hates PT. She's frustrated that she can't walk yet (have I mentioned how impatient she is?) and she's worried about everyone else. She's got a sore from laying in the bed so much, but otherwise she seems better.

My aunt is not doing as well. She's special needs and lives in a private group home. She's been acting oddly for a few weeks, but the docs have not been been able to figure out what is causing it. Yesterday she was found with no pulse and they had to resuscitate her. She's only in her 50s. She's in ICU now, she's responsive and talking. My grandma knows she's in the hospital, but has no idea how bad it was (i.e. that she practically dead).

Any prayers you can spare, we could use them.

I have a an appointment with my OB tomorrow morning. My goals are: 1. get drugs for nausea, 2. kick him for scaring 10 years off my life at the last appointment, and 3. schedule the big ultrasound. I may let him near me with the doppler tomorrow - I need a little reassurance Beulah is OK. Three losses on my February EDD board this week, all were in the 16-17 week range. Hopefully tomorrow will be happier post.

1 comment:

Mrs. Collins said...

I'm happy to hear that your grandma is doing better, but sorry to hear about your aunt. I guess you are not telling grandma for fear she'd be upset it would damage her fragile health? I hope everything goes well at the appt. Go ahead and do the doppler, it is reassuring. And congrats about the big scan coming up. I'm sure you are looking forward to it. Keep us updated and I'll send some prayers your way for your family.