Saturday, October 27, 2007

22w1d

Sorry I haven't updated, sorry if I worried anyone! I got hit with the plague and it took me forever to recover. Luckily I work from home, so I didn't have to take sick days. I was waking up at 8:55 am and going back to bed by 6:30 pm. It started out with some sneezing, and then what felt like a low grade fever and exhaustion. By the end of day two, I was coughing and my head felt like it was filled with cement. By day four, I was coughing so hard I was vomitting with no warning. I've been feeling better since last weekend, but this week work kicked my ass. I'm finally coming out the other side of a crappy, tiring few weeks.

I've started working on the nursery. With Gregory, we had his baby shower and by the end of the week, he was gone. All of the clothes had been folded and put in drawers. They weren't touched until a few months later when we moved. I sat in the glider emptying the drawers into cardboard boxes. They were moved into the second bedroom of the new place and left there until this week. It was rough going through everything, but it was necessary. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the extra washing machine we've been hiding in there...

We have also decided on a name, which I'm keeping to myself for now because I'm afraid to share it, as if I'll jinx little Bubba. Marc and I each came up with our own list of names and then shared. We immediately vetoed a few names and managed to work our way down to two. Marc kept saying he wasn't sure which name, so in my infinite impatience, I flipped a coin. He protested that we couldn't name a child with a coin flip, but that's exactly what we've done. I have the quarter in a baby bottle in Bubba's room, waiting to be put in his baby book.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

Coin flips can save marriages. Hang on to that quarter ;)

I was a little worried, but I am glad you are starting to feel better. Can't wait to find out Little Bubba's name!

Magpie said...

I guess the name's not Beulah? Continued good luck.

niobe said...

What a great story he'll have to tell about how he was named.

Mrs. Collins said...

I love keeping the name secret, but I also love a mystery, so if you want to drop hints, I'm down with that. Also, are you going to re-use Gregory's clothes for the new baby? I framed two special outfits in a memory box but the rest of Jimmy's outfits Andy wears. But that is just me. I couldn't deal with parting with them. Hell, I couldn't even change a thing in his nursery.